Time Zone used and anyway to change it

• Mike Sacauskis
  • Autor
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Mehr
4 Wochen 2 Tage her #1537 von Mike Sacauskis
Time Zone used and anyway to change it wurde erstellt von Mike Sacauskis
It appears that the weather widget displays time using the system time zone not Joomla's.  Being unable to change my system time, is there a way to set the time zone displayed on the widget?

Thanks

Mike

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
4 Wochen 1 Tag her #1538 von jochen
hi,
cuurently the jseather module displays the time of requestor - the joomla sever time (not the client time). The api of openweathermap provides this time plus an offset to UTC. (you may see this in file  "../cache/mod_jsweather/save_weatherdata.xxx" at properties "dt" and "timezone".
I think I will with nex build of jseather module provide an option to use (dispay)  UTC instad of the current data time.  

Mehr
4 Wochen 1 Tag her #1539 von jochen
hi,

Corrected time settings of module based on UTC timezone offset
install/use last build (use joomla updater or download/install from my site)

• Mike Sacauskis
  • Autor
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Mehr
4 Wochen 22 Stunden her #1540 von Mike Sacauskis
Mike Sacauskis antwortete auf Time Zone used and anyway to change it
I installed the update and it is no displaying the time I was expecting.  

thanks

Mehr
4 Wochen 15 Stunden her #1541 von jochen
hi,
what do do mean? The new version displays the times of the requested weather location - the old version displayed the times of the joomal server. E. g. if you will request the weather info of New York you will see the actual time of the current weeather situation, the actual sunsrise time and sunset time of New York. Of course the time of  weather's data may be behind the actual (current) time of your request because of the module's caching settings
All the times displayed now are are provided by openweathermap and not by joomla.       

Ladezeit der Seite: 0.607 Sekunden